Canada Student Dependant Visa

Canada Student Dependant Visa

Bring your family to Canada while you study

Spouses can study in Canada or work full-time

Dependent children can get an education in Canadian schools

Opportunity to get Canada PR

The best way to settle down in Canada together with your family

Canada visa for dependent students

Married immigrants interested in studying in Canada and those who also have dependent children may wish to bring their family members into the country to stay with them. Canada’s visa officers may consider applicants who hold a study permit, including dependent family members.

Applicants must demonstrate sufficient financial resources to support themselves during their first year of training. Those who wish their family members to accompany them should be prepared to demonstrate that they have additional resources to support them.

Bring your spouse with you

Foreign nationals can always include their spouses in their applications for a Canadian study permit, as the above may affect the approval of their study permit. Foreign nationals who have been approved to study in Canada accompanied by their spouse are eligible to apply for an open spousal work permit. This work permit entitles spouses to work full-time for any Canadian-based employer during the same period until their spouse’s study permit expires. If both partners want to study in Canada, they must apply for the study permit separately.

Bring your dependent children with you

Foreign citizens may include their dependent children in their Canadian study permit applications, bearing in mind that the above implications will affect the study permit approval. When foreign nationals are granted a permit to study in Canada accompanied by their dependent children, the children are issued visas allowing their stay in Canada for the same duration as the lead applicant’s permit. All dependent children may pursue preschool, elementary, or high school education if one of their parents is granted permission to work or study in Canada.

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), a “dependent child” is a person under the age of 22 without a partner or spouse. People over the age of 22 can still be considered to be in need of care if they are unable to support themselves due to a mental or physical disorder.

Work permits for spouses or life partners

Domestic partners or accompanying spouses of full-time foreign students may be eligible for an open work permit, which means they do not need a job offer or a Service Canada Labor Market Assessment (LMIA).

Spouses or domestic partners qualify for a work permit if:

They are full-time students studying at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI). They are completing a work-permit-eligible study program after graduation and they are holders of a valid study permit.

Full details of eligibility requirements for open spouse/domestic partner work permits for foreign students in Canada are available on the IRCC website.

Their spouses or domestic partners are eligible to submit open work permit applications along with their study permit applications. Alternatively, those who are already in Canada as students and their spouses who wish to join them can apply for a work permit before deciding to travel to Canada.

US citizens and other visa-exempt individuals may apply for a work permit upon entry at the border or through the Canadian consulate. Contact the International Student Advisors or Immigration Specialists if you don’t know how to apply.

If spouses or domestic partners have already entered Canada as visitors and now wish to extend their stay in Canada and/or apply for a work permit, they can refer to the extension of their family members’ documents.

If spouses or domestic partners have already entered the country as visitors, they can apply for an open work permit online within Canada if they meet the eligibility criteria.

For more details on the application process and required documentation, visit our website under Spouse/Domestic Partner Work Permits.

According to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, civil partners are persons of the same or opposite sex who have been in a marital relationship for at least one year. Common law partners are treated the same as legal spouses in Canada. For more information, see the IRCC website.

Permissions for dependent children

School-age children (ages 5-18) are also required to apply for a study permit to allow for more efficient immigration processes, especially when children come to Canada without their parents. You must bring official school reports from two years in English or with an authorized English translation. Children under the age of five do not require visitor records.

For more information on education and childcare for dependent children, see Supporting Your Family.

documents required

If a dependent family later joins you, they will need some or all of the following documents from you as part of their applications for temporary residence in Canada (alongside their own supporting documents as specified by the visa office):

You can find the application forms you need here

Your enrollment certificate or SFU letter of admission in addition to the official SFU certificate (if children have already started their studies)

A letter of invitation Proof of Funding: This can be a letter from a bank, scholarship provider, employer or SFU Proof of Relationship: A copy of your marriage certificate or proof of common law status A copy of your study permit (if applicable) and passport Biometrics and/or a health exam can may also be required. Be sure to keep copies of any documents your family members submit with their applications. duration of the stay

If your family members come to Canada without you and have not applied for a study or work permit, they may be permitted to enter Canada as visitors for six months or less. Because visitors who are approved for a stay of six months or less are not eligible for BC’s Medical Services Plan (MSP), they should immediately apply for an extension or change to their immigration documents.

An undated customs stamp normally allows visitors to stay in Canada for six months. Your family members should ensure that their passports are stamped once they enter Canada.

To ensure that family members traveling without you are allowed to stay in Canada for the duration of your study permit, make sure you send them copies of the above documents for them to display at the Canadian border crossing.

How can the Y axis help you? Y-Axis initiative advising every student to navigate in the right direction during and after the program of study in Canada. Coaching, helps you improve your IELTS test scores with our live courses. This will help you get good results on the exams required to study in Canada. Canada student visa, get guidance and advice from proven expertise to guide you through every step. Course recommendation, get unbiased advice with Y-Path that puts you on the right path to success.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *