HSMAI Honors Top 25 ‘Extraordinary Minds’ of 2022
McLean, Virginia – The Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association (HSMAI) is proud to recognize the 20th Class of “Best and Brightest” in the hospitality industry with its list of the 2022 HSMAI Top 25 Exceptional Minds in Sales, Marketing, Revenue Optimization and Sales.
These 25 professionals, selected by a panel of senior industry executives, will be celebrated on February 23 at the JW Marriott LA Live in Los Angeles in conjunction with the annual Adrian Awards Celebration.
HSMAI’s 2022 Top 25 Extraordinary Minds not only adapted to the post-COVID travel environment, but also anticipated and capitalized on the market changes—some of them almost imperceptibly—that came with the pandemic. Individually, the top 25 are leaders, mentors and role models; Together, they are the engine for the industry’s recovery and the foundation for its future success.
2022’s ‘Top 25’ celebrates our industry’s innovators and marks the 20th anniversary of being recognized as a Top 25. In a year when the travel and hospitality industry has seen a strong recovery and faced unprecedented challenges, these extraordinary professionals rewrite the book Written and new ways to success in business strategy blazed. Your exemplary performance will set new standards for others to follow. Robert A. Gilbert, CHME, CHBA, President and CEO of HSMAI
The 2022 HSMAI Top 25 Extraordinary Minds:
- Hege V. Barnes – Managing Director, Innovation Norway
- Susan Barr – Vice President One Yield, Marriott International
- Paul Beirnes – Executive Director, Naples, Marco Island and the Everglades CVB
- Shane Brossard – Chief Marketing Officer, Wisconsin Department of Tourism
- Natasha Caputo – Director, Westchester County Tourism & Film
- Shelley Airhart Cooper – Assistant Director of Marketing, Colorado Tourism Office
- Dax cross – CEO, Revenue Analysis
- Michael CuranCHDM – Vice President of E-Commerce Strategy, Aimbridge Hospitality
- Cristina DiStefanoCHDM – Director of Corporate Marketing, Oneida Nation Enterprises
- Laurie Garzon – Director of Sales and Marketing, Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
- Richard Geiger – President, visit Winston-Salem
- Kristi Gole – Executive Vice President, Global Hotel Alliance
- Michael Klein – Vice President of Global Revenue Management, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Melissa Kouvelas – Senior Director of Worldwide Sales, BWH Hotel Group
- Sabrina Liliw – Vice President, Loyalty Programs and Partnerships, North and Central America, Accor
- Yola Marshal – VP Sales Americas, IHG
- Kevin McAteer – Senior Vice President of Marketing and Sales, Concord Hospitality
- Monica MorrobelCHDM, CRME – Senior Corporate Director of Commercial Strategy, Kessler Collection
- Todd O’Leary – Vice President of Marketing and Communications, Sonoma County Tourism
- Edelyn Parker-Frye – Director of Brand Events, Communications and Partnerships, Red Roof
- Linda Parker Sanpei – Chief Operating Officer and Chief Creative Officer, The Anything Group
- Brent Shiratori – Vice President of Global Brand, Outrigger Resorts and Hotels
- Stephanie SmithCHDM – CEO & Digital Matriarch, Cogwheel Marketing
- Joe Spirito – Vice President of Global Digital & Marketing Operations, Preferred Travel Group
- Gillan Ware – National Sales Manager, San Diego Tourism Authority
For more information on the Top 25 Minds, the HSMAI Adrian Awards and the HSMAI Lifetime Achievement Awards, please visit http://www.adrianawards.com.
HSMAI is a global organization of sales, marketing and revenue management professionals representing all segments of the hospitality industry. HSMAI has emerged as the industry champion in identifying and communicating trends in the hospitality industry, while serving as the leading voice for the disciplines of hospitality and sales, marketing and revenue management, and connecting its members with customers. Founded in 1927 in the United States, HSMAI is an individual membership organization made up of nearly 5,000 members from 35 countries and chapters worldwide. HSMAI operates regionally around the globe through regional directors and staff. There are four regions: Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, and Middle East. Each region has specific programs and services for association members. HSMAI has a global board composed of delegates from each region.